At March’s Hugoversity seminar, prefects Natalie and Beth welcomed business people from across the North East, who were keen to learn about social media advertising.
Covering what social media advertising is, the benefits and the steps we would recommend in order to run an effective advert, the seminar proved popular with pupils.
For those of you who missed the seminar, don’t worry, we won’t give you a detention! Here’s a summary of the presentation.
What is social media advertising?
Have you got a message you want to get out there? Maybe you want to target a specific demographic that you’re not connected with yet? Social media advertising allows you to have more control over who you would like to reach with your posts.
In today’s busy online world, advertising on social media could be the boost you need to get your brand noticed, as it is a great way to reach your target audience and ensure being seen by the right people.
Should social media advertising be part of your digital strategy?
Yes, absolutely. If you are looking to increase your brand’s online presence, social media advertising is certainly ongoing activity you should incorporate into your digital strategy.
By building a plan, you will ensure you are using adverts strategically, and there will be an aim and a purpose for them.
Have you considered a budget?
Considering a monthly budget is a great place to start. Keeping your social media advertising budget under control means thinking about whether you’re designing an ad campaign based on impressions or engagements.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to get to social media advertising heaven:
- Understand your aim – What do you want your social media advert(s) to achieve? Consider your business objectives.
- Identify your audience – Social media ads can be displayed to target audiences based on geographical reach, interests, job title as well as much more, so it’s very important you spend time thinking about the audience you want to target with each advert.
- Decide on the platform – If you’re planning your first advert take a look at the stats from the platforms you’re currently on, which one is performing for you best organically?
- Develop content – Top tip, remember to proof your content and think back to your aim.
- Go live with your advert!
- Review – One of the great virtues of social ads is real time engagement and feedback. If you spot an ad isn’t getting the engagement you were expecting, don’t worry, many of the networks allow you to pause and stop ads before the budget is used.
- Report – Just as it’s important to know your goals before running an ad campaign, it’s important to measure results. You’ll learn if you’ve hit your targets, understand what worked and what didn’t so that you can improve going forward.
If you would like to learn more about social media advertising, or would like our prefects to deliver bespoke training to your team to help develop their ad campaign skills, throw us a bone on 01325 486666, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about how to become a member of Hugoversity and the membership benefits, visit: hugoversity.com/seminar-programme/membership/